Monday, September 19, 2011

Loving family

Mark and I are very fortunate to have such loving families.  Families who are giving and caring.  Recently my Aunt (who also lives in Carroll County) phoned to ask if we had room for a few plants at our farm, I jumped at the offer.  Heck we have 22 acres!  Of course we have room!  And when I heard a large part of the donation was cone flowers I was thrilled.  I love this flower.  We recently got everything planted and can't wait to see them bloom this coming spring.

The motherload!  Plants galore!  LOVE this.  (also love that the skid steer carried them for us.)


And dug the trench to plant the cone flowers.  Lots of labor saved here.  (thank you skid steer)


The lineup!  They are going to look so pretty this spring.  I hear they attract birds and butterflies too.  BONUS!


They are behind our house...just in front of a really nice rock outcropping.  The color will be wonderful.


We also received a hosta.  Love hostas...unfortunately so do the deer.  Drats.  We already have plans to spray it with deer away.  PU.  But it works well.


And this little guy is already flourishing in my front bed.  Yay!