Wednesday, July 10, 2013

MomMom

When my GrandDad passed away we went to his house to gather as many memories as we could.  Things that meant something to each of us.  I grabbed weird stuff...a rosary, a few pair of his funky golf socks (Crazy Argyle), a few putters, an old miter box (that he made) and my MomMom's rolling pin.  For years that rolling pin bounced around my kitchen.  It had no real purpose...just a reminder that she used it to roll out TONS of raviolis for the family.

Recently my great friend Patti (HI Patti!!) visited from KY and we worked on a fun kitchen project.  A new floor from Ikea.  More on that in a future post, but what we also did was make a really cool curtain rod (for lack of a better word) out of MomMom's rolling pin.

Cute huh?  I love this kind of stuff...it makes me smile when I see it and it has a purpose again.  Smiles.



No comments:

Post a Comment