Friday, May 14, 2010

Timbre

To say that Mark and I have had bad kitty kharma in the last few weeks is an understatement. It didn't start with Frolic and his unscheduled trip to the animal ER. Last week I found out that my cat Timbre...the one that traveled all the way from Ohio with me in my Jeep, has lymphoma. As you can imagine, it is terminal.

Timbre was losing weight rapidly...I took her for testing, x-rays and ultrasound. The $600 I spent did not give me the answer I was hoping for. I have chosen not to subject Timbre to chemotherapy. It would likely only prolong her life by a few months and I'm not sure the monthly trip to the vet for the treatment and subsequent CBC would be high on her bucket list. I have instead chosen to manage any pain she may have and keep her appetite stimulated. When she tells me it's time, I will humanely let her go.

I am numb right now...but know it will be very hard when that day finally comes. This cat knows so much about me. Man I'm gonna miss her, but am grateful I have her now.