Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mom mom's rolling pin

There is a funny story sort of linked to the rolling pin that Billy spoons when he sleeps in the window.  My Mom Mom (my Dad's mom) used to roll out her pasta dough and make her own manicotti shells.  (with a name like Ceconi you'd expect this).  She would form them and lay them out on their large kitchen table to harden.  One day my dad took his hammer (one that he carried everywhere as a kid like some kids carry a blankie) and smashed every single one.  Woops. 

When my grandparents passed away, I had to have this rolling pin.  It was one of the only things I took from their house.  It was the spark to a very vivid memory of a funny story and quite honestly I'd never seen one this big!  It happily resides in my kitchen where it never gets used (cause well we all know that I don't cook). 

Thankfully Billy has decided it's his spoon buddy.  Awwww Billy...that's so nice!