Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Farewell Timbre...miss you already

Timbre
1998-2011

My girl.  Timbre has always been there…and now she is gone.  Timbre has been fighting Lymphoma for several months.  Not many thought she would have lasted this long, but she was one tough kitty.  As she started to fail, I knew it was time to let her go.  Timbre went peacefully this evening thanks to our wonderful mobile vet.

To say that Timbre carried a lot of memories for me is an understatement.  When I found her in Ohio, I knew she chose me for a reason.  She provided love when I was in an emotionless marriage, she gave me strength to stand up and make demands when my ex threatened to take her from me, she kept me company on my trip home to MD from OH, she confirmed that I finally found the right man when she nearly fainted in front of Mark the first time they met.  

Timbre is my doobie doo…my feisty feline.  The oldest on the farm she was never threatened for her throne.  She ran the roost.  I will miss her demanding ways, her loving hugs, her silly poses, her desire to take trips with us (by getting in our luggage), her ploys to take my man and her attempts to train the boy cats.  Most of all, I will miss my Timbre Girl’s presence. 

Rest in peace girlfriend…I’ll see you again.  This I know.