Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Gigilo is still fighting...

I just got home from my visit with Gigilo in the hospital. (Mark visited with him this morning) He looked way better than I expected, so I didn't even have to use ONE tissue. He was very happy to see me...did his rolling around, biting my hand, headbutting me, purring SO LOUD. He definitely has fight in him. He was very alert and seems to have assumed the position of supervisor over all the wonderful staff at the hospital.

Mark spoke to our mobile vet again and she is going to look at his blood work again, but really did not think anything was out of line considering the trauma he suffered.

Gigilo is still not eating on his own, so if that has not changed by tomorrow they will put a esophageal tube in. While this sounds horrible, it will actually allow us to get him home sooner. I do think he will do better here at the farm with us. But first we need to be able to get food in him so we can medicate him.

After seeing him tonight we are still in the fight...he wants to live. And we want him to live. Please keep him in your prayers and keep sending that positive energy. We'll keep posting updates.