Saturday, January 23, 2010

The road to recovery

Last night Gigilo spent his first night home since he was attacked last Monday. I stayed on the couch and am happy to report Gigilo slept pretty well. Me, not so great. His snoring kept me awake!

We were a little concerned last night when he threw up most of his dinner. We decided to back off and give him time. That was a good plan. This morning we fed him and he was able to keep it down. Gigilo is now drinking water from his bowl on his own and has shown interest in the cat milk I have for him. We are hopeful that the next successful milestone will be Giggy eating on his own.

I am amazed by this little guy's fighting spirit. It would have been so easy for him to turn over and surrender to his predator. To give up. But he didn't. He fought and is proof that some things are worth the fight. I don't think I'd ever had imagined that a little barn cat could teach me a life lesson. But he has. And I am so happy we fought right along with him. The rewards far outweigh the price.

I'll post pictures in the next few days...I'm still trying to convince Giggy that his shave job is sexy.