Friday, February 12, 2010

POWER restored!

Happy to report...we have electricity again. Yay! It almost didn't happen (I think). I was on my way out to run errands...and I was making my way up our dicey little road...fishtailing the whole way and thinking there ain't no way a big ole BGE truck is gonna get down and then back up this road. As I crested the hill, what do I see? The BGE truck! Two guys are standing outside the truck gathering materials. I rolled down my window and asked hey...you aren't by chance heading down this road to (our address) are you? They were!

I offered to drive them down in my Jeep...there was no way that big ole BGE truck was gonna make it. So they climbed in and off we went. Once we got to the farm, they were able to pinpoint the problem right away. They used this LOOOOOONNNNGG pole to remove the old blown fuse and install a new one. Voila...power restored. I could have kissed those guys...but that just wouldn't have been appropriate...so instead I gave them lunch money.

Some will say...they were doing their job. I say...these guys were gonna WALK down my road to see if they could fix our power outage. That spoke to me. Anyway...in celebration...I am now doing laundry. Whahoooooo!