Thursday, August 19, 2010

Better late than never

Several (and by several I mean a LONG time ago) weeks ago, I bought a Topsy Turvy.  What can I say...the advertising won me over.  I fell for it.  Hard. 

It sat in the box for several (see above parenthesis) weeks.  Then...by the luck of all that is farming and good, we had a friend donate a tomato plant to the farm.  It sat in my kitchen for several (you get the idea) weeks before I was able to get up the nerve to plant it in my new Topsy Turvy. 

I have been watering religiously...daily.  I swear Mom!  And my hard work has paid off.  We have tomatoes.  Just a few little guys, but we have tons of flowers which indicates (according to what everyone tells me) that more tomatoes are on their way.  (I sure hope the cantaloupe doesn't tip them off)