Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Riding Ring...Goin' in

I plan to start my side business full tilt in September.  I built a website and am sitting with my finger on the button to launch it later this month.  It's work that I am very excited about and have been itching to do.  I plan to help children learn by using horses.  I will receive my certification in October for Equine Assisted learning. 

I also hope to teach basic horsemanship to new horse owners and people that have always wanted to learn about horses, but don't really want to spend gobs of money on private lessons or spend an hour in a class full of 8 year olds.  (not that there's anything wrong with 8 year olds perse)

Mark and I have been readying the farm for this new endeavor and began building a riding ring on Sunday.  This riding ring will serve many purposes.  Along with giving current boarders a place to safely work their horses it will give me a place where I can work with new students and clients privately and safely.  It's coming together nicely and phase one (sinking of the posts) is complete.  I am a great project manager. 

Mark dug the first hole.  He is a talented hole digger.


He is also a talented post air guitar player.  I'm so lucky to have him!


He even let me dig a few holes...I like digging holes.  Hole digging is something I like 'cause it's easy. 


All that is left to do is put up the insulators and electric tape.  Attach the charger.  Put up fence boards for the easy in and out.  Oh and MOW!  Those weeds are outta control!  Stay tuned!